A woman’s body is naturally designed to be able to give birth normally. Even though the process is quite challenging, there are distinct advantages that pregnant women can experience from normal delivery.
Many expectant mothers want to have a normal delivery during childbirth. However, the intention to give birth normally is often disturbed by several things, one of which is the pain that occurs during contractions. Contractions are the body’s natural way of helping the baby go down the birth canal and out of the pregnant woman’s stomach.
Various Advantages of Normal Childbirth
Almost all women who have had a vaginal birth agree that this process is painful. But behind this pain, various pleasures can only be felt by pregnant women who give birth normally, you know, including:
- The healing process is faster, so pregnant women are allowed to go home sooner
- The infection rate is lower than cesarean section
- Early Breastfeeding Initiation (IMD) can be done as early as possible
- The emergence of a sense of pride can push the baby out with the body’s strength
Pregnant women also don’t need to worry too much about lacerations during childbirth. You see, vaginal tissue is soft and flexible, so even if a tear occurs, it is generally still in the mild category, and the recovery process is also fast.
Besides mothers, babies who are normally born also benefit. For example, they are more resistant to various health problems, such as respiratory problems.
Tips to Prepare Yourself for Normal Labor
If a pregnant woman has decided that she wants to give birth normally, make sure that the pregnant woman is ready for all the consequences she will face, including the pain. But you don’t need to worry too much. With the proper preparation and support, Bumi can make it through.
To carry out a normal delivery process, pregnant women can start with a series of preparation for childbirth, such as:
- A routine check of pregnancy to the doctor.
- Understand well the conditions of pregnancy that pregnant women live in.
- Find information about the birth plan that will be undertaken.
- Do regular exercises, such as pregnancy exercise or walking.
- Do relaxation or meditation to help calm the mind.
- Maintaining a healthy body includes regulating diet and meeting the required nutritional intake.
- Ask your partner or family to accompany you during the birth so that pregnant women are more enthusiastic about going through the labor process.
In addition, prepare all the things that will be needed for the delivery later, from choosing a place to give birth to preparing finances, clothes, to transportation.
So, after knowing the information above, pregnant women don’t need to be afraid of overdoing it any more, OK! Mainly if the doctor has assessed that the physical condition of the pregnant woman is healthy and safe for normal delivery.
With proper preparation and the help of adequate medical equipment and personnel, the delivery of pregnant women is guaranteed to run smoothly. Pain and discomfort during normal childbirth can also be minimized.
If you are still unsure about giving birth normally, pregnant women can first consult with a doctor about the risks and benefits of each delivery method.